Our Commitment to Serving All Members
At InRoads, we are dedicated to our members and our community. We’re also committed to good business practices that strengthen our membership.
As a member-owned, not-for-profit financial cooperative, InRoads is truly committed to our members, as we have been since 1938. Whether you are in person or online, we pledge to provide a clear, consistent and accessible experience.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We will uphold our fundamental responsibility to actively serve people in our field of membership in Columbia, Clatsop, Cowlitz, Multnomah and Washington counties. At InRoads, accessibility, diversity and inclusion are important values that affect everything we do. Whether you use a screen reader, voice recognition software or another kind of assistive technology, we’re making it easy to navigate our site and find exactly what you need.
Accomplishing accessibility goals
We set our web accessibility standards high and work tirelessly to achieve them. Our Marketing team is dedicated to ensuring that our site meets all laws and guidelines and creates a useable experience for all members. We follow the W3C’s Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level AA set of guidelines for digital accessibility. By adopting WCAG 2.0 Level AA as our accessibility conformance standard, we not only meet current Section 508 and 504 requirements, but also ensure our work will meet the proposed future Section 508 requirements that will harmonize with WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
How we are providing an accessible experience on our site
Here are some of the ways we are ensuring our site is easy to use for everyone.
- We’ve formatted code and copy on every page on shcu.org to include appropriate headings, lists, paragraphs and other formatting for better usability with assistive technology.
- We’ve provided alternative text, captions and transcripts to images and videos. This way users who can’t see or hear will be provided a text equivalent.
- We use clear navigation on the website to make it easy for screen readers to find information.
- We’ve ensured consistency by using templates for our site. Once you’re familiar with how our pages and menus work, you can expect similar functionality across the site, each time you visit.
- We test the website periodically for ADA accessibility using these tools:
- Tanaguru – During our design process we use this tool on all pages designed in Photoshop, which primarily scans for color contrast and font size issues.
- Axe & Tenon.io – We use each of these scanners on the entire website and have a developer review in detail, as automated scanners tend to return false positives and false negatives.
- An internal checklist of items the automated scanners cannot address (such as written alternatives for audio).
We welcome your feedback
Our goal is to ensure digital accessibility and inclusion for all people with disabilities. To submit your accessibility-related feedback or request support for inroadscu.org, please email us at [email protected] or call us at 503.397.2376.