Top 10 Black Friday Shopping Tips
Let the shopping begin. This Black Friday, we have some shopping tips to help you save time, money, and enjoy your time online and in the stores.
- Check the ads and the apps. You’ll discover plenty of money-saving coupons in the newspaper, online, and in store-specific apps.
- Follow retailers on social media. They could feature specials and online-only offers.
- Do your research before you go. You will likely find Black Friday sale info posted online weeks before the pre-holiday extravaganza.
- Look for early-bird shopper discounts. But remember, if you have to camp out for hours in the cold to save a few bucks, it might not be worth the pain and suffering.
- Use price trackers and browser extensions. These online and smartphone tools show you the best deals. They also do the shopping for you.
- Plan your day of shopping. Include drive times, food and bathroom breaks, as well as resting opportunities.
- Understand price-matching policies. Not every store will price match, and if they do be prepared with all the necessary documentation to get your discount.
- Bring reusable bags. Let’s all do what we can to reduce plastic use. Plus, all of those bag fees can add up after a long day of shopping.
- Ask for gift receipts. It will make it easier for those receiving the gift to make a return if it doesn’t fit their body or their needs.
- Carefully consider store charge accounts. Those accounts can come packed with a lot of hidden costs and interest payments. Instead, use your InRoads debit or credit card to buy what you need.